These Terms and Conditions set forth hereunder, supersede any previous Terms and Conditions.
In these conditions any reference to the Company means Chariots of Essex Travel LTD. and its operating partners. The hirer is responsible to the company for any damage to the vehicle, its fittings or equipment caused by the negligence or misconduct of any passengers carried. If such an event occurs, at the drivers discretion/liaison with the office, the journey may continue but will be subject to charges. This may be an immediate payment to cover the costs for damages. Notices or decorations can only be displayed with prior consent of the Company and is the hirers responsibility to remove. The company shall not be responsible for any failure to execute this contract by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes or any cause outside their control. The company shall not be responsible for loss or damage to luggage or other property brought onto the vehicle during the period of hire however caused. This contract shall not be varied in whole or in part except by mutual consent of the company and the hirer.
All hirers must be over 18. Any person wishing to hire a vehicle, who is under 18, should ask an adult to make the booking on their behalf. The responsible adult must travel with the vehicle and will be wholly responsible for the duration of the hire.
- Until a non-refundable deposit has been received (non account customers only) by way of, debit card, cash / cleared bank transfer or cleared cheque, the Company will not be able to guarantee the booking. The full remaining balance must be received in cleared funds no less than 7 days prior to travel. If the remaining balance is not paid in full cleared funds no less than 7 days prior to travel, the company will deem the booking cancelled and the deposit non-refundable. Bookings are only accepted with the hirers full name, address and contact phone number for the lead hirer, with details of passenger numbers. full pick-up/set-down times/addresses, preferably with a postal code, received by way of email or letter.
- A charge may be incurred if the set off time for the journey is delayed by more than 15 minutes (subject to duration of hirer), as this could result in a delay on subsequent / pre-booked vehicle hire. Chariots of Essex Travel LTD can refuse to continue the booking if the delay is so long that they would consequently be late for other pre booked hire work. Passengers who are more than 15 minutes late for their return journey will either be charged for the excess time or be notified if possible that the vehicle has departed.
- All of our drivers have authority to refuse on board or transport any passenger that he/she feels could be a danger/nuisance to other passengers, or him/herself.
- Passengers will not consume food (such as chips/burgers, greasy foods) or drink any alcoholic beverages on the vehicle. Sandwiches and soft drinks will be allowed at the drivers' discretion. Rubbish must be kept under control by the Hirer.
- Chariots of Essex Travel LTD will not be held responsible for any delay or lateness getting to your destination which is beyond their control. This includes, but is not limited to: traffic jams/incidents, closures, weather conditions and passengers delaying pick up/setting off times. As such, journey times are estimates only.
- Airports Only - If the clients are delayed longer than 1 hour of the stated return time, passengers may have to wait for transport. A vehicle will be arranged to pick up passengers as soon as possible (if not on time). If the landing date on the invoice is incorrect, the Hirer will be liable for additional costs for the vehicle to be re-sent on the correct date.
- No monies will be refunded if the passengers choose not wait for the return pick up vehicle, or, wait for the vehicle if it is delayed due to circumstances beyond our control. The lead hirer is to ensure they know where the vehicle will be picking them up from. If in any doubt ask the driver.
- Any passengers that are sick, or soil on the vehicle may be subject to a minimum charge of £50.00 for cleaning.
- All passengers on board any of our vehicles are required by law to wear their seatbelts for the duration of the journey. It is law that all passengers must wear seat belts unless exempt to do so with appropriate documentation. All passengers must occupy their own seat, including infants and children, whether in a car seat or using a booster seat (we do not supply these). Under no circumstances are children or infants to travel on laps. All minors are not permitted to travel in any other way than the afore-mentioned.
- Chariots of Essex Travel LTD cannot guarantee type of vehicles booked due to circumstances outside their control i.e. breakdown. Where necessary other vehicles will be used to cover the booking. The amount of seats required will be met, but we reserve the right to use additional vehicles to cover the passenger numbers.
- For health and safety of all concerned alcohol may not be taken on to, or consumed on the vehicle.
- The authority of the driver and the office is final. They have the right to stop the vehicle, cancel the hire or ask passengers to leave the vehicle at their discretion for reasons of health, safety and behaviour. In such an event, the hirer will not receive compensation.
- Subject to the venue parking fees may be payable.
- Chariots of Essex Travel LTD will use reasonable endeavours to perform the Services at the times set out in the booking confirmation.
- If, despite best endeavours, Chariots of Essex Travel LTD is unable for any reason to fullfill any performance at the specified times, Chariots of Essex Travel LTD will not be deemed in breach of this Agreement, and Chariots of Essex Travel LTD will not have any liability to the Client for direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which, terms include, but are not limited to, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill, pure economic loss and like loss) howsoever caused (including as a result of negligence) by any delay or failure in performance.
- There is no guarantee that the vehicle will perform the journey in any given time and the company shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, which may arise from any delay, detention or breakdown. However Chariots of Essex Travel LTD will endeavour to procure a replacement vehicle for the carriage of the passengers but cannot be held accountable for the type of vehicle used or any additional charges, which are levied by the owner of the replacement vehicle(s).
- For all hires, the driver has the final decision on the exact route taken. The driver will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable requests from the hirer, but will consider the safety of the passengers, other road users and the vehicle itself when determining the route and any pickup/set down points. (journey times are estimates only)
- The safety of passengers is our foremost priority. All passengers must abide by the following guidelines when on board:
- Passengers may not move about on the coach whilst it is in motion.
- Passengers must remain seated whenever possible while the coach is in motion
- Passengers must act in accordance with any instructions given by the driver
- Smoking is not permitted on the coach/minibus. It is also illegal to Smoke on the Vehicle.
- The company reserve the right to substitute vehicles loaned to them by other operators for the company's vehicles without any preliminary notice.
Once a booking has been confirmed (verbally/written/email), the customer has seven days in which to cancel. If the customer cancels a booking after the seven-day limit, the deposit paid (if applicable) will be non-refundable.
If the Customer wishes to cancel the Agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the price, and payments shall be due and payable immediately:
28 days or more Full Deposit
21 - 28 days 25%
14 - 20 days 50%
08 - 13 days 75%
01 - 07 days 100%
Chariots of Essex Travel LTD are committed to protecting your privacy.
- Any personal information which we collect, will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- We will not transfer any information outside the European Economic Area.
- We will only use the information that we collect from you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
- Chariots of Essex Travel LTD only collect information about you for the purpose of processing your quote or booking requests.
- The type of personal information we may collect from you includes: your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit/debit card details.
- We do not store your credit/debit card information once your booking has been processed.
- We may contact you in the future if we have any special offers that we feel are relevant to you, however under no circumstances will we divulge your information to any third party.
- We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing e-mail from us in the future.
- Any information we hold, to our knowledge will be accurate and up to date.
- You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us.
- If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or amend them promptly. Should you have any questions or comments regarding privacy, please contact us.
SCHOOL CONTRACT HIRE/CONTINUOUS CONTRACTS/GROUP/MULTIPLE HIRE
Please note that individual contracts (If Contract Terms are Documented) are exempt from all of the above without exception as Contract Specific documents will be drawn up by ourselves or a principal contact i.e. Local Authority / School etc.
Admin Address: (No callers)
Chariots of Essex Travel Ltd.
C/O 3, Churchway,
Chariots of Essex Travel LTD,
The Coach House,
Y4 Saddlers Hall Farm,
Freephone: 0808 189 0877 (mobiles may be charged, please check with your provider)
Chariots of Essex Travel Ltd. Registered in England Company No: 09265485 V.A.T. No: 1969 031 73